- “First, file 5 sick calls, have medical officer Dunne take you serious, but no one else
- Use the grievance process after being ignored for 4 1/2 months
- Get seen by a PA, who reviews everything + decides whether to refer to the doc or not. In our case he did
- The doc has to review it and present the case to the “Utilization Review Committee” who has to approve it.
- I guess the “URC” approves it, which in our case they did, they pass it onto REGIONAL [BOP office], who has to then approve it… Jesus they had 2 months to approve or deny… then once (if) approved they have to make the appointment w/the outside doctor… Three officers + all armed join you at the facility and you are made to wear the electronic belt [shock collar].
- The Bureau thrives on promoting the health + safety of its captives =) HA Get fucked”
To give more clarity on the process for this particular (quite serious) medical concern. Eric might have missed a couple of steps.
- Get approved after 18 months of trying for an outside Dr to evaluate you!
- Get abruptly transferred clearing all medical orders from the system
- Have your loved ones with the help of compassionate Senators (Thank you Neguse!) follow you being transferred from prison to prison trying to get them to palpitate your neck.
- Arrive at USP Lee where the BOP responds to Senator Neguse informing us that there simply is nothing medically found in the afflicted area. They kindly highlight the email to make sure the senator knows exactly who he is helping
However, based on the EXTENSIVE medical work-up done at the ADX (per Eric’s account) it seems there WAS something found there after all. Enough to warrant a MAXIMUM SECURITY specialist doctor visit.
BOP waited and advised Eric to wait THREE YEARS for a follow-up.
To echo the sentiments of EK: